What is a Virtual Event?
A Zoom or Teams meeting allows you to communicate with others online via an online meetings platform, whilst a webinar allows you to view an online presentation. Whereas an online meeting allows you to see and speak with other meeting attendees, the webinar tends to be ‘one to many’ – ie one person presenting and many watching with little interaction.
Virtual events combine the best of meetings and webinars to create experiences – they allow event attendees to view live or pre-recorded content, browse sponsor booths, network with fellow attendees and so much more – see the full list of features below.
Virtual Event Examples
Virtual Event platforms
As countries around the world went into lockdown in March 2020, event technology companies pivoted their systems to become virtual event platforms. In most cases, this meant taking their existing mobile event app and converting it into a web app with an embedded live streaming service such as Zoom, Teams or Streamyard.
Which single platform or combination of tools is best for your needs depends on a number of factors, including those listed below
Features of Virtual Events
Virtual event platforms distinguish themselves from meetings or webinar systems (such as Zoom and Teams) by supporting a host of features to give an enhanced experience. These include:
- Livestreamed and pre-recorded video content in multiple streams
- Fully customised branding
- Delegate management with security options
- Session management and personalised agendas and multiple streams / tracks
- Networking between delegates, including instant chat / video
- Networking areas / breakout rooms
- Support for sponsors and exhibitors
- Live Q&A, polling and session chats
- Separate moderator / speaker workflows for Q&A
- Document download and media access
- In-built surveys and feedback forms
- ‘Push’ notification and alerts to delegates
- Activity feed and social media links
- Data insights and reports
How can Hybrid Event Solutions help?
There are so many virtual event platforms, how do you know which one you should choose? You can either arrange to have a dozen demos before deciding which one is right for you… or you can ask Hybrid Event Solutions for a free quote! Simply fill in this form with your brief, and our consultants will recommend the optimal solution for you based on your specific requirements. Or fill in the form below.